If you are going to be officially employed in Bali you have to have a working visa KITAS, because local authorities are very strict with expats working in Bali illegally (If you break this law you can expect big fines and deportation).
To apply for working visa in Indonesia you should first find a company that is willing to employ you and this company will become your Visa Sponsor.
Working visa will be valid for 6 months of stay and you will be required to apply for new visa again at the end of those 6 months. In few cases you can apply for KITAS extension without living Indonesia, certain request will be made to Immigration office in Jakarta and they will decide if you should leave Indonesia or not to extend your working visa).
In some cases you can apply for 5 years working visa that is extended yearly. At this moment this 5 years KITAS can only be obtained in following situation:
- You are a director for PMA type of company in Indonesia.
- You are a qualified personnel with both degree & min 5 years of experience in the same area that you are going to work in Indonesia.
How to receive a working visa
STEP 1. Gather all the needed documents from the future Employer and the Employee.
Documents submitted by the Employer (Visa Sponsor Company)
- 10 company letterheads, signed by the company director, and stamped with the company stamp
- Copy of the company’s business license letter and registration (SIUP) and (TDP)
- Company official address
- Organisation structure
- Copy of the company’s act
- Copy of the company’s locality letter (SKTU) – Surat Keterangan tempat Usaha
- Copy of the company’s tax number (NPWP) – Nomor Poko Wajib Pajak
- Copy of the employee contract (for companies employing foreigner)
- Copy of the director’s identity card (KTP)
- Copy of the report to the labor department adapted by UU no. 17, 1981
Employee (Visa Applicant):
- Copy of ALL pages of the travel passport, valid at least 18 months.
- Diploma (translated into English or Indonesian if needed)
- Health insurance valid for 1 year
- CV (in english)
- Photo: 2×3, 3х4, 4х6 (6 pcs of each, made on RED background)
STEP 2. Submit all the paperwork to Immigration service and receive a TELEX
After you provide all the documents we will take care of all the paperwork with Immigration service in Jakarta and receive a TELEX for you that will grant you the permission for the visa. This TELEX could be used to receive your KITAS in the Embassy of Indonesia.
Attn. All the paperwork to receive a TELEX from Immigration office in Jakarta will require at least 2 months.
STEP 3. Apply for your working visa (KITAS) in the Embassy of Indonesia in your home country (or any other country that accepts invitations)
When you apply for your Visa in the Embassy you should bring:
- your valid passport
- filled-in application form
- 2 photo 3×4
- TELEX (official document from the Immigration office in Jakarta that give your permission to apply for working visa)
Visa fee in the Embassy is 100 USD.
- Work permit fee is 100$ for each month.
- In you KITAS it will be stated who is your Employer and what job you gonna carry. You are NOT allowed to work for other companies or do other jobs on this KITAS.
- If you received 6 months KITAS you are required to leave the country within this 6 months period. In case if you have leave a bit later you have get a permission from Immigration office and pay the overstay. You will be required to provide your return ticket.
- If you received a 1 year KITAS you are required to apply for closing this KITAS before you leave the country.
OTHER WORKING VISA SUPPORT SERVICES
In case if you need to get an exit permit, close your KITAS working visa or extend (renew) it, we are providing these services as well.
KITAS visa renewal & extension
Price: 5 500 000 IDR
Documents needed for KITAS extension:
- copy of all the company registration documents
You should apply for KITAS renewal at least 2 month prior it’s expiry date. You won’t be allowed to leave the country after your applied for new KITAS.
Closing KITAS & exit permit
- 1 year KITAS visa closing procedure: 800 000 IDR;
- 6 months KITAS visa closing procedure: 500 000 IDR;
- 6 months exit permit with unlimited trips: 1 500 000 IDR;
- 12 months exit permit with unlimited trips: 2 000 000 IDR.
- Return ticket from Bali
- 1 pc of company letterhead, signed by the company director, and stamped with the company stamp
You have to apply for closing your KITAS visa at least 7 days before it expires.
Still have question about KITAS? Contact us! We will be glad to answer all your question and consult your about working permits in Indonesia.