Social Visa is what you need if you plan to stay in Indonesia for more than 2 month (but maximum 180 days). This type of visa should be applied and obtained before coming to Indonesia, it’s impossible to get this type of visa while staying in the country.
Social visa type 211 has an entry window of 90 days from the issue date, which means that you should enter Indonesia in 90 days from the day when you got it.
Social visa type 211 is valid for 30 or 60 days (or other amount, depending on issuing embassy decision) and can be extended 4 times for 30 days each. Days count starting from the arrival day.
Social visa type 211 is single entry visa only, which means that leaving the country with valid visa will cancel it’s validation and you holder will not be able to re-enter country using this visa.
To apply the social budaya visa type 211 applicant should visit one of Indonesian embassies abroad and provide the following documents:
- Passport valid for minimum 6 month from the date of entry to Indonesia
- Photocopy of the main passport page
- Photocopy of the passport page with stamp of entry to the country where you apply
- Sponsorship letter (we can provide with cost 350 000 IDR)*
- Photocopy of sponsor’s ID *
- Bank account statement can be required in some embassies
- Visa application form (provided in embassies)
- 2 photos passport size
- Ticket to and from Indonesia
- Payment of visa fee (50 USD)
Visa application process and fees can vary in different empassies, please feel free to contact us for detailed consultation.
* Sponsorsip letter is an official document, by which a certain Indonesian citizen invites foreigner for a visit, explains aims of visit and takes responsibilty for the person during the visit time (confirms that applicant has sufficient funds, has no intention to work and will leave Indonesia by required date and etc.).
Sponsor can be a major citizen of Indonesia, holding a valid ID and registered in the same area, where visa holder will apply for extension. Sponsor’s name will be mentioned in Visa and he/she will really be in charge in case of any problems with visa. In case if the visa holder is planning to extend your visa on his own, sponsor will have to come to immigration office every time for the visa extension.