Social Visa (social cultural visa B-211) is what you need if you are going to stay in Indonesia for more than 2 months (but maximum 180 days). Social visa is valid for 30 or 60 days (or other amount, depending on issuing embassy decision) and can be extended 4 times for 30 days each at the Immigration Office. It is one of the most popular visa for tourists who want to visit Bali for long term
Social visa type 211 should be applied and obtained before coming to Indonesia, it’s impossible to get this type of visa while staying in the country. To obtain a Social Visa, you need to get a sponsorship letter – an official invitation from a local citizen.
We can provide sponsorship documents with costs 350.000IDR. To prepare documents for you, we only need a photo of your passport, the date of application and payment*
You should visit one of the Indonesian embassies abroad and provide the following documents:
- Passport valid for minimum 6 months from the date of entry to Indonesia
- Photocopy of the main passport page
- Photocopy of the passport page with stamp of entry to the country where you apply
- Sponsorship letter (we can provide with cost 350 000 IDR)
- Photocopy of sponsor’s ID
- Bank account statement can be required in some embassies
- Visa application form (provided in embassies)
- 2 photos passport size
- Ticket to and from Indonesia
- Payment of visa fee (50 USD)
To be sure what kind of documents you need and how long the process takes, you need to contact the embassy of application directly and know the list of required documents.
Social visa has an entry window of 90 days from the issue date, which means that you should enter Indonesia in 90 days from the day when you got it. It is single entry visa only, which means that leaving the country with valid visa will cancel its validation and your holder will not be able to re-enter country using this visa.
*For Information. For following countries a sponsor letter cannot be issued: Afghanistan, Guinea, Israel, North Korea, Cameroon, Liberia, Nigeria, Pakistan.